Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reasons for the Season of Change

Let me count the reasons why I'm persevering with my lifestyle change to take better care of myself and "Take a Load Off."

• Top of the list is feeling better. My whole body is creaky and cranky. I'm slow to get up out of chairs, to get out of Bob's Z28, to get up off the couch, get up off the floor or when I'm gardening.

• Chronically sore feet need to feel better and I'd like to do it without cutting. I want to walk all over the world.

• Would be nice to get off blood pressure meds, anti-inflammatories, Advil.

• Clothes are feeling very uncomfortable right now. Too full doesn't feel good.

• I don't want airline seats to be tight -- or seat belts in Bob's plane stretched to the max.

• I'd like to look better in shorts, swimsuits, sleeveless tops.

• Losing weight will get my family off my back about it, especially Daddy.

• Being fit will help my professional look. Might even help Bob's professional look to have a super fit wife on his arm.

That's probably enough for now to look back and remember what it was like to be this big.

Planning to get to a Weight Watchers meeting at 6:30 p.m. tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment