Friday, April 13, 2012

Rockin' and Rollin' -- not in the weight loss sense

Tonight we had tornadoes skipping across Norman, Okla., my home town and where I was at the moment.

Big circulation over the city and of course, I decided it was a good idea for my curmudgeonly kitty The Viv, rescue dog Lucy and I to hit our modest basement.

It was probably a good idea because as it turns out the tornado skipped across the town, coming down maybe a half-mile away from my beloved renovated airplane bungalow in the old part of town. So far, it appears no one was hurt badly. Hope it stays that way.

OK, I go back to my sleeve. I've hustled down those rickety basement stairs before -- Oklahoma City's meteorologists have a hair trigger for sending you to the hidey hole. But last spring and about 50-60 pounds heavier, let's just say that negotiating those stairs with kitty crate in hand and trying to coerce the shy rescue dog was so much more difficult.

I'm hearing all the helicopters hover overhead looking for all the tornado damage in my neighborhood.

Just one little NSV (non-sleeve victory) to chalk up.

Onward,
Carol

1 comment: