Thursday, February 23, 2012

App-ealing Tracking

My weight loss has slowed a lot and I decided I should start tracking my food and drinks with my iPhone and/or iPad to make sure I'm staying in the parameters of the recommended program.

I decided to try two apps.

One is MyFitnessPal, a free app I heard about on Vertical Sleeve Talk, and the other is LiveStrong MyPlate, which is $2.99 and an app my darlin' daughter has been having good luck in assisting her resolve to lose weight. This week, her weight dipped below 200 -- 198 pounds -- for the first time in a couple of years. I'm so proud of her for sticking with it.

The plan is to try the two apps side-by-side and see how I like them both.

So far, it appears that the Live Strong MyPlate has nicer graphics, but initially they seem very similar in function. MyPlate gave me 1,305 calories daily and MyFitnessPal gave me 1,200 calories daily with exactly the same information about current weight, amount of exercise, age, etc.

We'll see how they both work and I'll report back in a week or so.

Onward,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment