Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Nine weeks -- really??? How did that happen?

Wow! I feel like I'm on fast forward.

How did nine weeks go by so fast?

I'm feeling great. I'm at 225 and have lost 31 pounds since Dec. 27, 2011, surgery, and 48 pounds since I started my adventure last summer. I feel like I'm losing inches faster than pounds, although I'll check that out and record it on Thursday, March 1.

Weight loss has slowed to a crawl in the past three weeks, but I have confidence that it will go back to a maximum healthy weight rate of about 2 pounds a week. But I've only lost two pounds in three weeks.

My face and waist are changing. I'll post pictures sometime soon. I know my husband has surreptiously taken lots of "fat before" pictures (although he was just trying to snap a picture of me -- and I need to post those. I just wasn't ready to do that until I actually had the surgery and was a little ways out from it.

I want to up my cardio and strength training (sorry Dr. G -- yes, I want to do more strength training.)

I also plan to start doing some videos to record my journey and I'll put those up here too. Maybe I'll even flex for my darlin' hubby's entertainment.

I wish I'd started doing that earlier, but to tell the truth I had so little confidence in myself that I wanted to wait until I knew this would work and I wouldn't let my husband or one of my best friends talk me out of it in the first place. Sigh. Fortunately, at least one of those folks became one of my biggest cheerleaders. Love them all anyway.

Onward,
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment