Sunday, March 4, 2012

50 Pounds Gone!!!

Hooray! Hooray!!

Saturday, I notched 50 pounds gone forever since my highest weight of 273 last summer and it feels great. And I've lost 33 pounds since my gastric sleeve surgery weight of 256 on Dec. 27, 2011, with Dr. Gregory Walton of WeightWise.

There are already so many NSVs or Non-Sleeve Victories:
• I've gone from a size 22 to an 18 in jeans and to a size 16 in my stalwart, standard black pants.
• I can do a whole lot more yoga stretches than I could before. In fact, my yoga teacher Thomas said I'm doing the best I've ever done.
• I'm off one of my two blood pressure meds.
• I have a whole lot more energy already and am back to doing cardio and strength training.

I was going to post a my revised recipe for a pretty darn good Low-Carb Shepherd's Pie I made Friday, but I think I'll do that tomorrow.

I guess I'm going to have to break down and post some pictures. Sigh. I hate pictures.

Onward,
Carol

2 comments:

  1. Hi I attended a weight wise seminar this week and am considering surgery would you do it again Have you been sick at all??? Are there any possible long term complications that maybe that didn't share at the seminar, I will be self pay which means if I have complications EVER my insurance will not cover anything caused as a result of the surgery. What are your thoughts I like your husband am scared to death

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JMW:

      Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I have loved WeightWise and Dr. Walton and have been treated wonderfully throughout my experience with them.

      I haven't had any complications, except that when I added back in raw veggies most of them and I don't get along so well and it results in dumping. At least that's what I think is causing it.

      I had some fatigue while on the two-week liquid diet after surgery, but that went away shortly after I transitioned to "mushies:" scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, etc.

      I haven't heard about many complications from any of the sleeve people I've met. I do recommend that you attend a couple of the Thursday-night support groups before surgery. It's a good place to get any questions answered and Dr. Keller is pretty cool.

      I'd also recommend the Vertical Sleeve Talk website at www.verticalsleevetalk.com. You don't have to have had surgery yet, and a lot of people use the forums to put out whatever fears or issues they have anonymously.

      Hope that helps ...
      Carol

      Delete