It's been three months today since my Dec. 27, 2011, gastric sleeve surgery with Dr. Gregory Walton of WeightWise in Edmond, Okla., and I'm feeling great. I've lost 55.2 pounds since last summer's all-time high weight of 273 pounds, and 38.2 pounds since my surgery weight of 256 (right.) I weighed in at 217.8 this morning.
I need to get hubby to snap a pic of my progress, so I can post that too.
There have been several "NSVs" or "Non-Sleeve Victories."
• I'm off one of two blood-pressure meds (HCTZ)
• I'm off my anti-inflammatory med (Meloxicam,) which is also hard on the stomach so good riddance.
• My feet aren't swelling every day
• I have lots more energy
• My knees and feet aren't hurting all the time
• I'm down from a Size 22 or 1x to a Size 16-18
It hasn't been bump-free, but it's getting better all the time.