Saturday, March 17, 2012

Irish Eyes are Smilin'

For this Irish lass, St. Paddy's Day has always been special.

I'm 3/8ths Irish, 1/8 German from my mother's side and who knows about my father's side. I do know my father's name Cole is Scotch-Irish, and my paternal grandmother was part Cherokee. Other than that I'm still learning about it.

So I'm close to half Irish. And I've always liked celebrating all parts of my heritage. It's what makes me up what I am.

Today is probably one of the first times I haven't had at least one festive green beer and maybe a scone or some Corned Beef and Cabbage. I don't even have a desire to have a beer, but I did miss the fun, social aspects of St. Patrick's Day.

I did make myself some faux bangers and mash and that was pretty satisfying. I made my new-favorite mashed cauliflower and garlic for the mash and hit the griddle with some sausages. Bangers and mash!!!

Had a rough last couple of days stomach-wise ... it's pretty tender after losing my lunch yesterday, which was sort of traumatic because I didn't have the nausea medicine I'd been prescribed for emergencies (which I 've not had many.) I may have been at fault for that because of the salsa I'd left out and then used in my omelette yesterday morning. I made myself some ground buffalo (bison) patties with sauteed onions for lunch yesterday and they came out just perfect. I have two patties left and am hoping those aren't the culprit, since they tasted so good and they are really high-quality protein. Plus, they go to my Cherokee part of my heritage. Will find out when I eat the leftovers I guess.

And to add insult to injury, for some crazy reason I weighed in at 223 this morning, when I was 219 a few days ago. Go figure. When you're geting less than 1,000 calories a day, there is absolutely no reason for that. I don't feel puffy or any different than I did at 219, so I just don't get it.

I did read on VerticalSleeveTalk that eating too few calories could cause a stall from your body trying to horde the food. I'd never heard it might make you gain weight. Can't figure out what might have caused that -- maybe sodium? Still not going to stop weighing in every day though -- reminds me of how I was when I was truly thin in my 20s.

It will all come out in the wash, if you'll forgive the cliché, my dear friends.

Onward,

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment