Monday, March 26, 2012

Yummy Homemade Breakfast Sausage

I'm aghast I haven't made breakfast sausage before. So easy and it tastes so much more fresh than the stuff you buy in the grocery store -- plus it got the "hubby taste-test seal of approval," so you know it was good. Takes five minutes to mix it up and you have sausage sans all those additives, fillers, preservatives and nitrates, plus all the stuff you can't pronounce.

I used ground pork this time, but next time I'll lighten it up using ground turkey. If you have leftover sausage mixture, I'd recommend making it into patties and freezing it.

Here's my recipe, which made four good-sized sausage patties:

Ingredients:
One pound of ground pork or turkey
1 T. fresh sage, diced
1/2 T. each kosher salt, black pepper, oregano, ground cumin, cinnamon, rosemary, thyme, smoked paprika, garlic powder and crushed red pepper flakes
1 egg, slightly beaten

Directions:
Mix all ingredients using your hands. Shape into patties and pan fry until cooked throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment