Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Another Weigh Day Down

Woke up to find that -- dry and unpainted as hubby would say -- I was down to 218. Go figure after the crazy, up-and-down weight week I've had.

The math shows I'm down about 55 pounds total since my highest weight of 273 last summer, and about 37 since my gastric sleeve surgery Dec. 27. Just for my friends who worry, the largest portion of that came in the first month and then my loss settled down to 1-2 pounds per week.

Have been having some minor issues with nausea when I haven't expected them. My nausea medicine is a lotion you rub on the inside of your wrist and usually, it makes those nasty feelings go away. I had gotten cocky and forgotten to carry it, but I got it renewed and I'll be keeping it in my purse. Prevention will make those feelings go away methinks.

Having some "head hunger" while down at our "cabin in the woods" in Texas where I fed many of the bad habits that made me gain weight. Lusting after hubby's Fritos and French onion dip, and fortunately there are no Fritos in the house because I threw them out. When I looked in the frig and opened up the French onion dip, it was covered with mold. Ick and hallelujah!!!! Can't even attack it with celery. Saved me from myself.

I'm thinking it would be good to come up with something that could satisfy my snacking desire on a low-calorie basis. Will have to think about that and when I come up with something -- I'll definitely share it.

Onward,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment