Monday, March 12, 2012

InStyle March Cover Features 'My Weight Loss Goal'


Well, I was grocery shopping, shopping, shopping in the store formerly known as Albertson's (Homeland,) and there what before my eyes did appear was the All-American girl Jennifer Aniston on the cover of Instyle's March issue.

Now, a disclaimer. At 273, I was probably lugging around an extra "more than Jennifer Aniston weighs," since my goal is 140 and that would bring her in at 133 pounds. But when I was starting my weight loss blog years ago, there she was front and center and I thought -- wow, I'm walking around carrying the equivalent of Jennifer Aniston.

When I was less heavy, I would joke that I was carrying around a fourth grader or a toddler or whatever. Doesn't matter, it's still too much. I stopped carrying my own beautiful daughter Kat when she hit about third grade, and more practically, it was years earlier.

Now Jennifer's probably a size 0 or a size 2, so maybe I picked someone who is too small. I'd be happy to be a size 6, 8 or 10, and I was about 135 pounds the last time I wore a size 6 (but I confess that although it was a lovely, tunic-fitted cocktail dress, so it may have been a large size 6.) I'd like to be that size again. But Jennifer also has an incredible physique, so she's an inspiration in several ways. My hubby would say she's too thin, but he likes "guns" on women i.e. toned biceps. He's never complained about her legs or flat abs, etc.

I'm more than a third of the way there, with about 52 pounds and change lost and 36 since surgery Dec. 27. Will see what I weigh on my Tuesday Weigh Day.

Onward,
Carol


2 comments:

  1. Serendipitous that she appeared right there before your eyes! Great inspiration! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my dear friend and incredible flautist Gyan!!

      Delete