Monday, January 9, 2012

Almost There ... Desperately Seeking "Mushies"

Today is the last day of the liquid diet and I can hardly wait. It will be two weeks tomorrow since my gastric sleeve surgery Dec. 27.

Even though I've made friends with my decaf cappacino, bouillon and cream of mushroom soup, "mushies," as they call them, are going to be darn good. Mushies include stuff like scrambled eggs, tuna, chicken or egg salad with light mayo and no veggies, some soft cheeses.

Small confession. I rolled out the brand spankin' Cuisinart Egg Cooker my daughter gave me for Christmas and made three medium-cooked eggs and stuck them in the fridge. At lunchtime, I chopped up one of them and put a little light mayo on it and some spicy salt and ATE IT. It was DELICIOUS!! But apparently one egg is my limit because I was gurgling up some of it, albeit not badly and not in a nauseous way.

You can't have liquids for an hour after that, so I waited and had a cup of chicken broth.

Tomorrow is diet class and although I've heard it once, I'm sure it will be good to hear it again. Bob is going with me and it'll be good.

Transforming times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment