Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ham and Egg Cups for Breakfast

One of my favorite breakfast meals before surgery was Ham and Egg Cups. Now that I can eat veggies, it was one of the first things I tried Wednesday.

It's another recipe I adapted to make lower fat from the Paleo Comfort Foods cookbook by Julie and Charles Mayfield.

Ham and Egg Cups (serves 12)
1/2 c. mushrooms, finely chopped
1/2 c. shallots, finely chopped
12 large eggs
12 slices (lean) ham

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sauté shallots and mushrooms in skillet with butter-flavored cooking spray (instead of the butter the recipe called for.)

Coat muffin pan with olive oil spray and place ham slices in cups, cutting as necessary to make them fit. Spoon sautéed mushroom/shallot mixture into each cup.

Crack individual eggs into the ham cups.

Cook for 15-16 minutes or until edges of ham is slightly crisp and egg whites don't look runny. For large eggs, cook about 20 minutes.

Tonight, I attended the WeightWise weekly support group and feel like I'm doing really great. It seemed like the majority of people were pre-op tonight. There's a different mix of people every week. I'm going to try to make it at least once a month to help keep me on track losing.

I added veggies at my four-week mark Tuesday and have had some trouble getting my stomach to accept them. I was fine with the cooked veggies in the Ham and Egg Cups, but not so good with the slaw and lettuce around the Fish Tacos. It's a slow process. I'm thinking cooking the veggies is key right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment