Monday, January 30, 2012

Fashion Forward

Nothing like a little mind-bending fashion to inspire my continuing weight loss regimen.

Saturday, my wonderfully artistic friend Shirley and I trekked to the Dallas Museum of Art to see "The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the catwalk to the sidewalk."

Of course, they wouldn't allow photos inside, but I was able to snap a photo of the two mannequins outside the show, with a scrawled note from Gaultier on the riser they stood on. These were only average compared to the fashions inside, and to tell the truth, even though one of the cowboy hats was made of hair, cowboy hats are sort of everywhere in Dallas.

The fashions inside were stunningly mesmerizing. The show was divided into several areas and of course, there were costumes from the Madonna Blonde Ambition Tour -- you know, the ones with the "pointy" boob corsets.

Some of our favorites were a dress made of film strips and another of ballet ribbons. Detail and workmanship were just phenomenal.

And the mannequins just about made the show. Molds were taken of models' faces and they were used as the heads of many of the mannequins. Then a 3D image was projected onto the mannequin's faces and it appeared they were almost looking right at you, talking or singing to you. Surreal and fun.

There were lots of his sketches that showed his design thoughts.

I think I may have to go back before this riveting and memorable show is over. Note: It's only showing through Feb. 12.

Tuesday, I hit my five-week mark since my Dec. 27 surgery, and it's Weigh Day.

Onward,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment